We know a lot is going on, at home, in your community and in the world. We just want to remind you of the importance of taking care of yourself! Below you will find some tips for parents and some coping tools for kids:
- You and your family may be experiencing a lot of different and new emotions.
- Talk with your child about COVID, keep it to the facts.
- Offer your time, love and attention.
- Have a conversation with child/ren about their feelings.
- Try to limit and monitor you and your child/ren’s social media use.
- Model and practice deep breathing
- Get outside!
- Do your best to establish a routine at home, including some breaks
- Offer your time to do a task together
- Connect with your child/ren teachers and school staff.
Some potential concerns to look out for:
irritability, aggressiveness, clinginess, nightmares, school avoidance, poor concentration, sleeping and eating disturbances, agitation, increase in conflicts, physical complaints, delinquent behavior, and poor concentration.