Mission & Vision
Denver School of Innovation & Sustainable Design (DSISD) is Denver’s first competency based high school, designed to prepare students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in college and their careers and play meaningful roles as citizens of the 21st century.
To empower all students to own their learning, shape their dreams, and create a better world.
In order to prepare students to innovate and lead in the 21st century global society, DSISD provides personally empowering and culturally relevant learning experiences that foster the development of the whole child. Every DSISD student demonstrates growth toward mastering academic, interpersonal, creative and professional competencies. Through engaging in personalized learning experiences and real-world projects, students become innovators and design thinkers who will create a strong economic future and contribute to social and civic well-being, both locally and globally.
Our guiding principles are based on our core values as a team and the DSISD community. These values shape our community and culture and they are intrinsic to creating and inspiring DSISD future innovators.
- Success has many faces and pathways
- We are stewards of our community, the environment and ourselves
- Balance is as important as outcomes
- Setbacks are opportunities for innovation and growth
- Our success as a whole is tied to ensuring the success of every student
- Show up as your best self and find the joy of each day