We are eagerly anticipating a brand new semester with our Beacon students and are excited about the planning we have in place to work with families through the transition from fully remote learning to a hybrid model over the next several weeks. In order to be thoughtfully prepared for the new schedule, we have created time for our teachers to plan the best methods of working with students in the extended learning period. Therefore, Tuesday, January 5th will be a day students work independently after meeting with their advisory classes. Please read the information below as we have attempted to outline the upcoming days and weeks ahead so all are well informed with regards to the school schedule.
Tuesday, January 5th Schedule (8:30am)
- Students will attend an extended advisory. This time will focus on communicating the details of the new schedule. The school presentation can be found here. (Student Login Required)
- Students work independently after meeting with their advisory classes. Students are expected to work on their Winter Reading Challenge goals, as well as catch up on any additional or missing assignments in preparation for Semester 2.
- The rest of the day will be reserved for teacher professional development.
Wednesday, January 6th & Thursday, January 7th Schedule (8:50am-4:15pm)
- Students will follow the new Monday/Thursday schedule. They will start announcements at 8:50am, followed by Advisory at 8:55am.
- Students will attend all classes beginning Wednesday, January 6th, with the school day concluding at 4:15pm.
Friday, January 8th Schedule (9:55am – 4:15pm)
- Students will follow the Friday schedule, with announcements at 9:55am.
- Students will attend all classes on Friday.
Monday, January 11th Schedule (8:50am – 4:15pm)
Starting morning, students will report to their advisory and attendance will be taken for the entire day. Student learning will take place using a slightly new schedule. Recognizing the importance of additional educational opportunities, students will participate in Electives through the virtual platform like first semester. Similarly, Enrichments will be virtually offered twice a week to those previously enrolled. Those enrichment classes will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays, or Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning the week of January 11th.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays will follow the new block schedule listed below: